2 Timothy 1:7

                                                        "For God hath not given us
                                       the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of
                                       a sound mind" 2 Timothy 1:7

  Happy Sunday Friends and Family!

I needed this scripture! I needed this reminder. What a blessing it is to be able to have a book that we can turn to when we are feeling confused, frustrated, nervous, mad...all the emotions. We have our own little guide through life if we just turn the pages and open our hearts. There are times when I literally open random pages and just wait for something to stick out to me. Every single time I read, I am able to find at least one thing that I can take with me for the day, or even the week. This scripture in particular I just needed to see today.

Lately, we have had so many blessing poured upon us and we feel so grateful. Even though things are going well, we still have decisions to make and paths to chose. It can be so hard when you feel so lost. You don't want to take the wrong path, or make a big mistake. The pressure and stress is still there and sometimes when you open 2 timothy (or in my case scroll through Pinterest and come across) you find the exact thing you need to help guide you on your journey.

When I read this scripture I felt instant courage. I felt strength and I felt like I know what I am doing. I was reminded today that even though I fear of the wrong choice, or the wrong path, I am strong. Our family has the power and keys it needs to make it through anything. We have love and our loved immensely. Our Father knows us and loves us beyond measure. I was reminded that with all of the keys mentioned above and using the right tools I have a mind that can make those right choices. Yes, I should feel a little nervous. I was given that emotion when I was created and it helps when choosing right from wrong, but when I feel power and love more than I feel fear, I know which path to choose. It gives me courage and strength in knowing and feeling the path I am about to choose is the right one, for this point and time in my life.

There are times where the path we choose can take us on an unexpected detour, but sometimes we need those lessons to learn in order to conquer another task in the future.

Today, is a good day. I am reminded that everything I have learned throughout the years (even if I am only 22) have given me the experience and knowledge I needed for this new adventure I am on right now. It has reminded that even if everyone is against me, or if it is not the path most walked, I got the confirmation I need in order to believe in myself and in my family.



I hope everyone enjoys their long weekend and opens their books to find the strength they need in the challenges they face this coming week.

-Kayleen

Comments

Popular Posts